Guilin (桂林), Guangxi, China Travel Guide
Author: Jakub Hałun (Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Places of Interest in Guilin
- Fubo Shan (Wave-Subduing Hill)
A tall gray rock formating that juts out from the river, with a dilapidated temple at its peak.
- Gu Nan Men
Old South Gate of Guilin, and remnant of the Ming city wall.
- Jinjiang Prince's Palace & Duxiu Feng
A palace resembling a miniature fortified city in Guilin.
- Li River CruiseA must for any visit to Guilin, this trip takes you through the picturesque countryside.
- Longji Rice Terraces
Picturesque terraced rice fields carved into the hill slopes like steps.
- Ludi Yan (Reed Flute Cave)
Limestone cave with huge stalagmites and stalactites, it was a hideout for the locals during the Japanese invasion in the 1940s.
- Ocean Aquarium
This modern aquarium is one of the biggest in Asia.
- Riming Shuang TaA pair of 130-feet pagodas which are the famous landmarks of Guilin.
- Rong Hu & Shan Hu
These are two conjoined lakes on either sides of Zhongshan Lu, at the heart of Guilin.
- Qixing Gongyuan (Seven Stars Park)
This is a park that covers one square mile on the eastern shore of the Li River.
- Xiangbi Shan (Elephant Trunk Hill)
The most famous rock formations in Guilin. Said to resemble an elephant taking a drink.
- Yaoshan Hill Park
This is a large park that includes the tallest peak in the area, with foot paths to the summit.